- First … coming Friday …
- Steve Miller at Boskone*
- Friday February 14
- Bleeding Hearts Fri 18:00 – 18:50, Harbor II
- Good vs Evil: The Great Divide Fri 20:00 – 20:50, Burroughs
Saturday, February 15
- Autographing with Steve Miller & Charles Stross Sat 11:00 – 11:50, Galleria-Autographing
- Writers on Writing: Character Versus Characterization Sat 12:00 – 12:50, Lewis
- Reading by Steve Miller Sat 13:00 – 13:25, Griffin
- Kaffeeklatsche with Steve Miller Sat 14:00 – 14:50, Galleria-Kaffeeklatsch 1
- The Long Series — How We Did It Sat 17:00 – 17:50, Harbor I
- Boskone Book Release Sat 19:30 – 21:00 — lots of books new and on the way, including some new Lee & Miller items
Sunday, February 16
- Ezines, Fanzines, and Blogs, Oh My! Sun 11:00 – 11:50, Lewis
- Reboots: New Chances for Old Stories? Sun 12:00 – 12:50, Burroughs
In other news, we’ve been doing a little work behind the scenes — and in the front room — over at our Splinter Universe story-and-stuff site.
Please take a look, and watch for changes. Support the site or individual stories, or both!
ALSO REMEMBER, Sharon Lee has a new contemporary fantasy book out in the Kate Archer series. That’s Carousel Sun — available from most online bookstores — but EXCLUSIVELY available signed by bookplate from Uncle Hugo’s excellent bookshop.
*Don’t know what Boskone is? Ask us about Science Fiction conventions!
Eileen Stevens faced two challenges in recording the Theo Waitley Sequence — Fledgling, Saltation, Ghost Ship, Dragon Ship. Not only did she need to deal with a main character who ages during the course of four books, but she was the lucky narrator who got the brand-new novel on her to-do list.
Steve interviewed Eileen. To hear it, click the link:
Andy Caploe voiced the Agent of Change Sequence — five books in all; the most books drawn by any one narrator. Because of that and Audible’s determination to release all fifteen novels on Dragon Ship’s official release day, Andy had to hustle. Thanks, Andy!
To hear Andy’s interview, click the link:
We’re posting the narrator interviews in Sequence order, which means that next up is Bernadette Dunne, who voiced Local Custom, Scout’s Progress and Mouse and Dragon.
When Bernadette and I were going over the Weird Word Lists, we discovered a shared admiration for the work of Georgette Heyer. Given that Local Custom and Scout’s Progress were written as tributes to Heyer, it seemed that this narrator/book pairing was nothing other than Destiny.
You can hear Bernadette’s interview by clicking the link:
One of the fun things we did recently was interview each of the sequence narrators for the Audible.com editions of the Liaden Universe® novels.
Kevin Collins narrated the Books of Before. To hear his interview with Steve, click here:
We’ll be uploading interviews with Bernadette Dunne, narrator of the Space Regencies; Andy Caploe, who read The Agent of Change Sequence; and Eileen Stevens, narrator of the Theo Waitley Sequence, so check back!